We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How can YOU help NAMA Recovery?!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:32 pm 
Many people often ask those of us who are "officially" NAMA-involved, "What can *I* do to help?" ... "How can *I* help NAMA-R?"

Welp, follow THIS link to know 5 *easy* ways YOU can make a difference!!

"TOGETHER *WE* CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!"

http://methadone.org/donations/how_to_help_nama.html

Post subject: Re: How can YOU help NAMA Recovery?!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:49 pm 

I like the NAMA-Recovery Store. I have a bunch of stuff from there,the Teddy Bear,Boxer shorts,T-shirts,Hoodies<of course Hoodies as I collect them..;)> I found some new ideas as well. If we had a place to put an ATM,NAMA-Recovery could get a percentage for the kitty. Same thing with a soda machine,I have the flyer here,proceeds go to which ever Non-Prof you want it to. Online there is a Search program,a couple actually,that every time you use it 2 or 3 cents goes to your non-prof of choice...I learn some of the from watching "Pit Bulls and Parolee's". This is stuff that Tia has done so she has funds coming in from someplace....Takes a lot of money to take care of the Largest Rescue on the Planet...;)
Thanks for posting that,Zac
Peace Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 pm 
No prob. :mrgreen:

I need to go shopping in the NAMA Recovery store myself soon! I really want the clock & I DEFINITELY need some more coffee mugs! 8-) I would like a hoodie and some of that stuff too. You know, KEY CHAINS would be a cool thing to have in the NAMA Recovery store too... with out logo on them!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:16 pm 

Joyce handles what the store carries so talk to her...;)

Peace-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:35 pm 
UH OH!!! LOL!!! You know you should NOT have told me who to bug about that!!!!! :lol: :lol: But seriously I think key chains would be really cool... With the NAMA Recovery logo on them somehow... ;) 'The Director' (her name on here) is about to get an email!! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:40 pm 

She likes to get ideas about what to have at the store. It's one of those small jobs,she has about 1000 or more of them that I try and have her turn over to me and I will do it. You should of seen how long it took me to get her to let me answer the "Info" mail and stuff...small job,but 1 extra stop I make while checking e-mails,big deal...I would do more if she asked...Really I would....;) xxx

Peace-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm 
I know! Same with me and the website... Not many folks know HTML and JavaScript, but I do (I'm no "professional," but I know it and can certainly copy/paste from the HTML editor!! LOL).... But she's just SUPER WOMAN I guess! :ugeek: But what WOULD we do without her? GOD FORBID anything ever happens to her! Could you IMAGINE all of us trying to figure out how to do this or that or how to even LOG IN to some of the stuff?! LORD. Maybe she has a secret file that will release if something happens to her giving us detailed instructions and passwords??! LOL

zt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:09 pm 

That is so Joyce....I believe that Walter saves files and has copies of just about everything to do with buisness for this Org.Howard used to keep a lot of stuff,Joyce was not kidding when she said that Howard was the glue that held the board together. Then came MARS and we had to be a real board with meetings and by law's etc....well we did all that and our 501 c3 is up to date..:) We survived an audit just recently...Not too many Orgs that gets no funding can do that. It's the great folks that work our butts off to do our best for MAT and of course Patients. A lot of folks think we have offices and cars and expense cards,truth be known I work out of my bedroom most days....The pain keeps me in here and this keeps me busy so time goes by a lot easier,til i crash...LOL

Peace-Out

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:18 pm 
I certainly don't think most folks know how much we actually give and how much is can COST to be an advocate & run a chapter... You certainly don't do it for the pay! I've sunk my own money into many things... But we do this because we BELIEVE in it and it's a "calling" for lack of better description. Clearly - as we've recently seen first hand - this is NOT something you do for fame or fortune! Those who are seeking titles or recognition won't survive a month in the advocacy world! And then what REALLY gets me is on some of the other boards (this one and MSO are by FAR the best in terms of SUBSTANCE... traffic does NOT equal SUBSTANCE) reeeeeaaaaaaaalllly like to fuss and kick and scream but don't want to do ANYTHING except post on the board! Um.... no advocacy case was EVER won just by posting on a board! I sure wish Kerry and Chris, et al still ran A. T. Watchdog and it still had its advocacy focus. It's turned into more of a "support group" with cliques now more than anything... which is fine I suppose... but that wasn't it's original focus, intent or mission to say the least. Oh well.... ONWARD MAT SOLDIERS!! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:46 pm 

NO COMMENT!

Peace Out