We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: 17 years on mmt... now having issues
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:26 pm 

I'm so frustrated...I have been.on mmt for 17 years and not one loss of take homes or any issues until I had an issue because my methadone wasn't showing in my drug screen for one time but t after 17 years,anyone knows it has to be the test! But because I couldnt find anyone to tell me why it would show neg and not knowing when it could happen again,I called the person over the clinic only because I was really concerned why it did that. Not to go over anyone's head but because I knew this gentleman since I started mmt and knew he was over several clinics and thought he might have an answer or at least heard of someone else having the same issue. Well,I got a call from the lady at my clinic upset that I had went " over her head and did not follow protocol" It honestly wasn't my intention to go over anyone's head,I just needed answers nobody had...well since that time I have lost my take homes 3_4 times. Mind you I've never lost one take home in 17 years but I've lost then 4 times in past 5 months! This last time I had given my new phone number to my newest of 4 different counselors in 6 months .and she put it on a sticky note because she was doing an intake someone else couldn't do.She assured me she would change it! I went back to see her a week later but she was gone. I went Saturday to get m take homes and surprise! They took them because I had a bottle check and the counselor failed to put my new number in the computer! Now I'm waiting to see what team says and will know tomarr. If I don't get them I'm seriously thinking about detoxing but I'm so scared because I've been on it so long! But it's always something now since I pissed them off that they will eventually find a reason to force detox and won't care how dangerous it is so I'd rather detox while I have control of the detox. I'm just so tired of being jerked around by a power hungry person who has too much power and we have none . Has anyone detoxed after being on it that long? I'm 62 yrs old and not in good health and so I'm really scared of detoxing. Thanks for any help .and I'm sorry it's so long !