We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How will the new healthcare act effect recovering addicts?
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:26 pm 

Hello all....
With the new healthcare plan coming about thanks to Pres Trump, how is that going to effect recovering addicts? Is it going to help recovering addicts that dont have coverage.... Or is it going to cause recovering addicts to gain or lose coverage??
Will the senate make their own plan? if so, is that going to be a good thing or a bad thing? Also, are ppl from SAMHSA and other agencies going to confront the senate to let them know what is needed...?
Myself, I live in KY... I am disabled... I get Medicare, Medicaid, and another ins thru my Medicare... And so far, none of those are paying for my treatment and none of them are reimbursing me for paying for my treatment.....
To sum it up.... I'm worried about whats going to happen to us recovering addicts... also my husband may lose his medicaid coverage that he needs because he has heart problems and his medication is so expensive without ins theres no way in hell we are going to be able to afford to get his medications.... one of which is a blood thinner and one of which is his diabetes medication... and several for his heart and blood pressure.... I'm just seriously worried.....
Anybody have any input on the matter? Is there anything we can do to make our concerns and voices be heard? Thanks in advance for anybody that has any ideas or inputs.....