We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Methadone and temperature
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:38 am 
Administrator

I know that a lot of people have problems with sweating, but has anyone ever had the opposite, where they are constantly cold?

I've had this since being in treatment nearly 23 years ago, but lately it's getting so bad that my feet particularly are like dead weights. I cannot feel them, and when I have to walk, it's like I'm dragging them with me. On the right hand side, I cannot feel my little and second from little toe at ALL.

Does anyone know if it is the cold which is causing it, and if so WHY am I feeling the cold so much, and if it's not the cold, any other ideas what it could be?

Thanks Guys!! :)

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

Post subject: Re: Methadone and temperature
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:15 pm 
Administrator

I only WISH i could be cold! I tend to BURN UP! Another patient suggested that I keep a thing of ice water with me and drink it throughout the day---- and I must say since I've started doing that I've been able to keep my core temperature cooler and haven't been as bothered by heat. (Although it's also turning to winter, so....)

But you're the first I've heard being COLD all the time - I'll be interested to see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

Post subject: Re: Methadone and temperature
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:10 am 
Administrator

Yes, it does seem completely contradictory to what most people get, what with the sweating and heat etc. It's getting so bad that sometimes I am literally dragging my feel along, as they are so cold that I cannot feel them!
Anyone who has any experience of this, methadone related or not, I'd be very grateful to hear it!!

Thanks guys! x

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!