We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New York City Clinic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:11 pm 

I am a patient at a BI(Beth Israel) clinic which has been eaten up by the big dog, Mount Sinai. B I had always had a sliding scale for self pay patients. The lowest fee has been increased from 6.90 /week to 25.00/week. This does not significantly impact me since I have a monthly pick up but I can see where a patient with a weekly pickup will now have a big increase in their fees.

I was also informed that once a patient owes 2 weeks of fees, the patients dose will begin decreasing.
Another tidbit of info: let me remember how this was phrased to me. "Lucky you, that you already have a monthly pick up, because they will not be giving them out as much because the patient only gets charged for the one time they come to the clinic.

Are we going backwards??? State already took away "Aftercare" without having the decency to even letting us have any input. I even wrote a response to Belinda Greenfield at OASAS and never received any acknowledgement that anyone even read it.

Feeling invisible :cry:

On a happier note, wishing everyone a happy holiday!

Post subject: Re: New York City Clinic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:49 am 
Administrator

Wow, that's a heck of an increase.

In some respects, in some places, mar does seem to be backsliding a little, and with President Trump on the horizon, I cannot see things getting any better for MMT patients under him. :(

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

Post subject: Re: New York City Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:35 pm 
Administrator

That IS a heck of a percentage increase... but still nothing compared to most areas of the country where clinics are private and patients fund treatment themselves between $300-$400/month. Still lots of blessings to count when it comes to MMT in NYC! =)

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth