We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: New(er) member just officially saying hello to everyone~*
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:16 pm 

Hello everyone!!! I just wanted to officially introduce myself to everyone. I guess I too, am here for the same reason as most of you, Im a methadone patient. Im currently am at BHG in Nashville, Tennessee. I plan on transferring out by the start of the new year. Tennessee is just a bit too strict pertaining to methadone. Ive been a patient at BHG since 2001, and prior to that obtained my methadone from a Pain Clinic Dr. that i saw every month, this lasted for 8 years, so basically ive been on methadone for roughly 24 year's. A car accident resulting in multiple fatalities (even my own, i died 3 times, 1 in car, 1 in air, 1 in H/A) is the cause for my addiction to start. Methadone has saved my life and allowed me to become the total opposite of what all my original pain med's did. I have a career, my family back, MY FAMILIES FORGIVNESS, my ability to be a productive person. I will always be available to talk with someone about methadone if they think i would be of help. And for the 3 people here that ive met already, your kind words and priceless information means more than you could EVER know. I look forward to meeting all the members here.
Side note:About the "language" Im really trying to get thst down pat, but some of the words that are not allowed such as: client, & detox and a few more i will probably have a slip here and there as those words are regularly used at my clinic and its just embedded in my brain, but i will get it, i just might have a slip or two till then!!!
Thanks to all~*~*
Belladonna

Post subject: Re: New(er) member just officially saying hello to everyone~
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:20 am 
Administrator

It's great to have you as a member Bella, and also great that you're starting to use the different terminology to describe ourselves and our treatment! That's very important, as it makes everything seem so much less negative when we use the correct language to describe our treatment and prior substance use.

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!