We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Someone please HELP!! BHG-Nashville, Tn. is killing me!!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm 
Administrator

The grievance report you'll find at http://www.methadone.org/grievance_report.html is the form specifically for NAMA Recovery and asking a certified methadone advocate to help advise and/or advocate for you. I have to have that specific grievance form AND the medical release (located on that same link) to be able to start a file and to try to help you. Getting that paperwork back to me is Step #1. I can't do anything until I have the grievance AND medical release. Any grievance you fill out through the clinic is fine, and I encourage you to do that too, but the link I've provided is OUR grievance to enlist the help of a certified advocate.

zt

PS- that's crazy about the TB skin test. INSANITY. If I were you I would also email The Joint Commission, who accredits all of BHG's clinics, and tell them what all is happening (ESPECIALLY the TB skin test situation). Megan Marx is the Associate Director for Behavioral healthcare at The Joint Commission, so you should email her at mmarx@jointcommission.org and tell her what clinic you're talking about (BHG Nashville, TN) and what they are doing to you/what you are being told --- especially about the TB skin test. That is INSANE.

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:39 pm 

Zac, Instead of waiting and wasting any valuable time, i decided to go ahead and print the forms from your wesite. Tina, a nurse at BHG Nashville told me this morning if i needed to get copies, fax, etc. that i could do so with her help, so in the morning you can expect the forms by no later than 7:00 am!!! And yes my TB skin test is already starting to raise and get red. I just cant believe this is happening to me, i just dont understand. Its extremely difficult to worry yourself to death all night for fear when i go back to the clinic that they will just dream something up and will have my discharge papers waiting upon my arrival. Ive seen it done with UA's getting mixed up and the clinic making that unfortunate soul come daily for up to 90 days. And i was thinking...Although ive put in numerous Grievances over the years, only to not 1 time been called, or offered a meeting, or even been given advice on what to do next, but with the 2 ive filed in the last 2 weeks, i think i may have begun to "ruffle some feathers" cause i believe the TB test being forced on me instead of me being allowed to bring in new x-rays every Dec is evident that Audra knows shes wronged me (or so it feels!!!) and is getting my now several charts on the up & up. Dotting her "i's" & crossing her "t's" if you follow me. Nobody but my best friend (also a BHG patient knows of my contact with you. She too is going to register at the site so she too, can get enjoy what ive enjoyed in just the last 2 days. I love coming here even going through what i am with BHG.
Expect your requested info in the early morning. And i will began all you suggested in your last email.
Thankyou so much for all you do. I hope to sometime be able to return to you all the kindness and generosity you have shown me.
Belladonna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:34 pm 
Administrator

@Bella...

I got a fax from you just now in the office... It's missing the front/first page of the Grievance form (that has all your basic info and contact info, etc. ---- or else I'd be calling you about this instead of posting in here), and on the Medical Release it is missing a Witness signature. The Medical Release must be signed by you as well as someone 18 years of age or older. The Witness is basically saying that they saw you yourself sign it and that's your signature. I can't be the witness because I didn't witness you sign the Medical release.

So anyway, I got a fax --- 3 pages. But it was missing the front page/first page of the Grievance Report and the Medical Release did not have a witness signature. Until I have both of those forms in full, completed in full, I can't do anything.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:32 pm 

Zac,
Well that really does not surprise me any. I mad 2 28mile trips to the closest office supply store in my area. The first time i dropped them off to be faxed this morning around 9:30 and then got a call that she had spilled coffee on all of my papers, so i had to drive back up there and fill it all out again!!! Then when she sent it through the fax machine someone would answer when it would ring!!?? We were both baffled. So...fabulous, it finally went through at 1:03 (says my transmission verification sheet) and yet you didnt get them in their entirety, and she failed to sign as my witness!! Well, im really sorry. And now shes closed. I will get them resent to you in the morning. Id have had them to you early this morning but was called in to the Vet due to an emergency, and i am not about to have my office manager fax them to you, i choose to not tell my employment im on MMT. Im sorry about the paperwork. Today is turning out to be very stressful!!!!Ill email when i get it right. Thankyou & again, sorry
Belladonna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:30 am 
Administrator

I'm so sorry that all this is happening to you Bella, it must be very frustrating and anxiety inducing. I know that when I had a problem with a counsellor who thought my dose was too high, every time I went to the clinic I was so scared that they'd either have lowered my dose without telling me, or have kicked me out.

It's such an awful feeling to not feel secure in your treatment, so I'm so pleased that this is something that Zac's able to help you out with!! :)

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:16 pm 
Administrator

GOT YOUR FAXES. I still didn't get the first page of the Grievance Report, but that's ok. I know what's going on. Send me an email to tndirector@methadone.org with your phone number (since I still didn't get the first page of the grievance report) and I"ll call you to discuss strategy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm 

GO TO THE HEALTH DEPT and SHOW them what they have done to you!!! This is medically inappropriate, at the very least. Let them know you have given the clinic evidence of taking INH for a positive test, and that you have taken a new x-ray EVERY YEAR (???? they told me to get one every few years, without defining "few". I took INH too. I would NOT get an x-ray every year, that is just too much unnecessary exposure! The tech who did mine told me that - no doc would order one every year unless there were symptoms of TB, and ongoing treatment.) Do it before the reaction goes away.
Stupid, dangerous policies like this are part of what gives methadone clinics a bad name, and unfortunately, sometimes deservedly! It is evidence of the opposite of "patient-centered care" - especially the "CARE" part. They just don't CARE.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:56 am 
Administrator

You really are in the best place Bella to get all these issues sorted out once and for all, and just imagine what a weight that will be off your shoulders!! Zac is local to that area, so he knows most of the treatment professionals/directors at the clinics, so I am sure that he will be the very best person to help you get through this.

We're so lucky to have him, not only is he completely dedicated to helping people in MAT, he is also very kind and will literally bendover backwards to help people. He doesn't get paid for this, which makes it even more amazing the things that he is doing for us all.

As Zac is obviously only 1man, we need more people to get CMA certified so that they can also help people in situations like that. The training it's easy, but it's also not impossible, a lot of it is common sense.

So, next time you see them doing CMA registrations at one of the AATOD conferences, put your name down, you never know, you could save a life one day!

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:00 pm 
Administrator

RRobinette wrote:
GO TO THE HEALTH DEPT and SHOW them what they have done to you!!! This is medically inappropriate, at the very least. Let them know you have given the clinic evidence of taking INH for a positive test, and that you have taken a new x-ray EVERY YEAR (???? they told me to get one every few years, without defining "few". I took INH too. I would NOT get an x-ray every year, that is just too much unnecessary exposure! The tech who did mine told me that - no doc would order one every year unless there were symptoms of TB, and ongoing treatment.) Do it before the reaction goes away.
Stupid, dangerous policies like this are part of what gives methadone clinics a bad name, and unfortunately, sometimes deservedly! It is evidence of the opposite of "patient-centered care" - especially the "CARE" part. They just don't CARE.

Good advice. RRobinette knows the history and situation in Tennessee even better than me.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:10 pm 

RRobinette & Zac T.~
Would have repiled to posts by now however i drove off from pumping gas with my cell on my trunk yesterday morning and didnt get a new cell till today.
All the Health Depts. here are closed until Monday, but i have taken photos of my arm. The nurse at the center actually logged my results as being "negitive" because it was more raised then it was red. And was alot worse on Thursday then on Friday, so now...im totally at a loss of what the hell is going on up there. They have kept me from dosing PERIOD for a couple of days because i couldnt get away from work long enough on my lunch to go dose and go to H/A to get the films, so i didnt get to dose until i brought them in. So im gonna go ahead and have them done, if not...i know whats coming. Zac, i will email you on Monday i guess, i hate to bother you on the weekend. This entire situation has about gotten to me, the drive 100 miles + every morning, then to get there and be treated as i am is just rude & seconde rate. Im really hurt over it, this place has been my stability rock for almost 16 years and the first time ive ever, in that time felt like and wanted to use was yesterday!!! Its just wrong, what they are putting me through when i didnt do anything bad. If im guilty of something, id gladly accept my punishment, but i havent!!! What i did sjould warrent a 30 day behavioral contract at best, not my entire phase taken down to daily. Crikey!!!! Im stuck really, dont know what to do next, how to do it, if i should do it, if itll do any good, etc. What i do know is i love that ive become a member here and that you guys have been jere helping me. Im very grateful. And if i run the risk of irritating someone by posting to many messeges, or posting them in the wrong spot, then please tell me as im just not familiar with all the sight yet. I will start PMing the ones i talk to the most so to keep the forum open more to the public. As i said a minute ago, Zac T., Sapphire, & RRobinette im so thankful to you for all your responces, having you on my side helps a LOT!!