We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Someone please HELP!! BHG-Nashville, Tn. is killing me!!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:24 am 
Administrator

Bella - how are things coming along? Is anything getting better for you yet? I hope that with Zac and NAMA involved on your behalf that this will make your clinic sit up and take notice and that your treatment will start improving!! :)

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:28 am 

Sapphire
I just gave up. They win. Hell i think they wanted to give me that T.B. shot again. Why else would the FORCE me to take it knowing im a carrier and its always positive. And another thing that site where the test was administered is STILL RED AND STILL RAISED, i got that test almost 2 weeks ago!!!!
Anyway i know how thin Zac has to be spread out, and i know hes so, so busy. He doesnt have time for me right now, plus his new clinic opening up, i totally understand!! Its sad because BHG is doing these things to un-deserving patients, good patients that work the program. I actually talk to a girl this morning that had a meeting at BHG with Zac and clinic staff, she got her weeklies back too!!! Hooray!!!! A success story!!!
I must say it makes me want to continue on with Zac and get the point through to them that they can just treat people this way and take their meds away for absolutely nothing!!! 'Perhaps i WILL email Zac with my #, so that we can touch base. Im not sure yet tho. I just hate feeling like im a pest. Either way...ill keep in touch and let you know. Thank you Sapphire for checking on the current status of my BHG horror story...HA!!! Just in time for "Halloween"!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:08 am 
Administrator

Bella, I would persist with seeing if Zac can help. I don't know if NAMA has other people in TN, so maybe if he's already committed someone else could look at this for you. Either way, I know that he will want to make sure that he gets you sorted.

So what's actually happening now, you're still having to go daily? And as far as the TB tests being positive, can you not make the administrator put on your notes that you're a carrier, so that when they test every year this farce doesn't happen all the time?

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:43 pm 
Administrator

@Bella I NEVER said I was too busy... I've asked you (both on this thread as well as in reply to a private message on this forum) for you to email me your phone number so we could set up a day/time to talk strategy. You've yet to do that, so I assumed you either figured things out and/or no longer needed or wanted my assistance. I can't plan with you without your phone number or without talking to you.... which is why I keep asking you to email me your phone number because, as I stated on this thread as well as in that private message here on the board, the first page of the Grievance Report didn't come through the second time either. I do have the full medical release, though, so I can proceed with contacting the clinic AFTER we've spoken. But I can't do that until you email me and we set up a time to do so. (I'm just repeating myself at this point... so, for a final time, if you want my help, email me: tndirector@methadone.org)

And Sapphire, just FYI, we do have a couple other advocates in TN. I don't take all cases myself, but I make sure they're taken care of ---- IF the patient gives us the info we need and ask for.

zt

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:20 pm 

Zac T,

Oh No, i didnt mean it like that. And in my defense, i dont believe i ever...EVER said you were too busy for me. I know how busy you are with just the things i know of that you have going on. Of course i'd love your help, thoughts, input...any/&/all you can give me!! I did say however that i didnt want to be a bother. But thats about it. Yes, ive been VERY discouraged the last couple of weeks with what the center is doing to me, but yesterday (Sat.) at 6:10 am something vhanged all that!! I spoke to "B" at the center and she told me anout her situation and that you came down for her and met with clinic staff. And you had really helped her. It was like that little nudge i needed, to get over my fear of the clinic retaliating. Also, ive tried 4 times 3 to you and 1 to Sapphire to send a messege and after a...yes...long messege i would hit send only to be kicked off and told i had to login all over again!!! I lost all i wrote!!! Is there a time limit during your messeges? Im very long winded, and love to write. One of your messeges was very very important to me and i really need to email it to you. I need your honest imput on it please.
Im so sorry about the misunderstanding. I just know how busy you are and just didnt want to cause you any added stress. Its a very nice gesture though to have someone as busy as you to continue on helping me!! Im going to email you now. Once more Zac, im sorry for the confusion. I so appreciate you and all you have already done for me.
Bella

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:06 am 
Administrator

Zac, I knew you would want to make sure this was taken care of, so I hope that Bella is going to pass along her details like you requested!

Bella - in my experience, when a patient complains to a clinic, and especially when they use an outside advocacy agency such as NAMA, the clinic are actually more worried about treating them well, and are less likely to take punitive measures as they fear it will bring down more scrutiny on the clinic, so don't let fear of the clinic 'taking it out on you' put you off complaining.
Some clinics rely on patient's fear about complaining, and it's a big reason that so few do make complaints.

As far as the forum logging you out, I'm not sure that if you've been inactive for a period of time if the forum logs you off. If you're typing a long post, the forum won't 'know' that, as you're not posting, or clicking, or browsing, it will presume that you're 'inactive' and may log you out.

When you login do you tick the box 'remember me'? That should keep you logged in all the time.

I will look into whether or not the forum will log people out if they've been inactive for more than a certain period and let you know if that is the case.

If anyone else has had the same issue I'd be interested to hear from them too please.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:18 am 

Sapphire-
Hello!!! Ill try it again, only a shorter messege. I am alwsys logged in just to answer your question.
And also, yesterday i did email Zac my cell number per his request. And as for the paperwork, the grievances and medical release form, i faxed him those over a week ago i believe it was. And its true i am scared of the clinic. Hell, they FORCED me to take another TB skin test knowing im a carrier of it!!! I will also be emailing Megan Marx, also per Zac's request to inform her of this. The unsettling thing about all of this is that the test is visable only 72 hours being positive or negitive, well tomorrow will make 2 weeks since i was administered the test...and its still red and raised!!! I need RRobbinette to give some input on this if possible.
They put me on Financial Detox last Sun...woo-hoo!!! And it wasnt even near time, nor in years have i everby with paid on a SUNDAY!?!? But anyway, ive decided, "HELL TO THE NO" Im not gonna just let them win!! They do and get by with things that they shouldnt allllllll the time!!
I hope you dont think i just wasnt replying to your messeges, cause thats totally not it. I appreciate all your messeges, and Zac's, and RRobinette, i would be so lost at this point without you guy's!! I also wanted to say ill be posting to some other topic later this morning so look fo those as well.
I hope this gets too you this time. I attatched a pic of my TB skin test site...two weeks after getting it!!!!
****ooops apparently i cant send a pic from here****
will do from a pm.
Thanks for all you do Sapphire, it means alot to me, and certainly doesnt go un-noticed.
Belladonna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:46 am 
Administrator

I'm pleased that you've emailed Zac all the relevant info, I'm sure that he'll be able to assist you with this.

As far as the 'logging out' problem with the forum, what can happen is, if the forum thinks you're 'inactive' for a period, it will log you out, so if you're there typing a post, the forum is not advanced enough to realise that you're still 'active', as you're not browsing or clicking on anything, it thinks you're 'inactive' and logs you out.

I am trying to look at the forum settings to see if I can increase the period of time where it will log you out if it thinks you're not doing anything.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:10 am 

Sapphire,
I hate for you to do that if i am the only one that has mentioned it doing the logging you out thing. Its probably more an issue with my being ummm..."long winded"!!! Please dont change anything on my behalf. Ill just keep what ive got to say shorter or just email you. Dont go through any trouble. Well i should be hearing from Zac today about our next move. I will post what we will be doing as soon as i know!! Thanks again for everything!!
Bella

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:18 am 
Administrator

Honestly, it's not any trouble. I'm sure that it takes lots of people time to write what they want to say, and then by the time you've gone back over it, read and edited it, that all takes time, and it's very frustrating for that post to then all be lost and for a person to have to start from the beginning again!