We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Methadone Patient To Open Clinic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:13 am 
Administrator

http://www.alcoholismdrugabuseweekly.co ... leTemplate

Our very own Zac Talbott is opening a clinic in Georgia!!

This is amazing news, and I feel that it really shows that methadone patients really can do anything that anyone else can do.

I think it's very inspiring to other patients, and shows that there really are no limitations that we should face simply because of the medication that we take.

I'm so excited, I wish I lived nearer so I could be a patient!! At least there won't be things like dose caps and TH's yanked away on the basis of 1 positive drug screen (as we know, there can sometimes be false positive situations, and situations where the chain of custody for samples is not followed correctly and people's UA's get mixed up).

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

Post subject: Re: Methadone Patient To Open Clinic
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:41 pm 
Administrator

We can do ANYTHING baby! :-)

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:11 pm 

I couldn't be happier for you Zak!! Good for you!!! The Clinic will be a success no doubt. No one should try and tell you that you can't do something, shame on them. I'm proud of you for persevering, making your goal come to fruition is commendable. If there is anything I can ever do to help you in any way just let me know, I would without hesitation be there. Your tree produces much fruit. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:45 am 
Administrator

It is just so exciting and inspiring to everyone that's in MMT. It shows people that we really can do whatever we set our minds to, and that MMT is not a barrier to anything. In fact without it, would we be as successful as we are now? Debatable!!

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:58 am 
Administrator

Looking like we'll be admitting patients by the first part of November! We got our license from the Georgia Board of Pharmacy, which is a HUGE first step. It's all real now and it will happen for sure now - just a matter of when. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:26 pm 

tndirector wrote:
Looking like we'll be admitting patients by the first part of November! We got our license from the Georgia Board of Pharmacy, which is a HUGE first step. It's all real now and it will happen for sure now - just a matter of when. :)

Good for you. Congratulations.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:02 am 
Administrator

Wow, that's a massive step forward. 1st of November, that's not long away!! I bet that you'll have a rush of people wanting to get in, especially those from TN that are having problems with dose caps etc.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:01 am 

Awesome!!!!! Congrats!!!! I think it's awesome that you are opening a clinic! So next come on up to the bluegrass state and open one!!! I'll work there too!!! I been in recovery 8 years and haven't failed a drug test, other than the day I started! I live in ky but have to drive out of state and the clinic I go to I walk on egg shells like others do.... The rules change every other day.... I would like to go to one close to home! Ky law says a person can get a week take home but clinic in ky don't give a week at a time, they give a day or two here and there... To me that's not a week worth of take homes.... Just my opinion on it....
Congrats again!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:05 am 
Administrator

Sqbbles, have you said anything to the clinic about the weekly TH thing? If state regs say that patients who are compliant etc can have weekly TH's, then they should at least explain to you why they are not allowing you to have them!! Seems crazy!

It IS amazing that Zac has done this, and should be an inspiration to all MMT patients to show them that we can do anything that anyone else can do if we set our mind to it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:35 pm 
Administrator

Kentucky is one of the worst states in the nation for MMT... No more than 5 takehomes EVER. And you can't get more than 3 of those 5 consecutively... (you'd never be able to get more than 3 at a time even though you could get up to 5 in a week). CRAZY. After 15 years in treatment and no illicit drug tests in 10 years you're telling me someone still has to go to the clinic twice a week? How does that foster recovery? How does that allow folks to get on with their lives? ANSWER: IT DOESN'T. Crazy. I would drive out of Kentucky too... Pretty sad when even Tennessee is better than that! At least you can get up to a month in TN!