We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: SORRY for the SPAM!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:20 pm 
Administrator

So so so very sorry to any of you who received private messages (that then generate an email) about some generic drugs online or something... We are doing our very best in trying to weed out the legitimate registrations from all the (TONS) of spammers, but there are a TON of "fake" registration attempts each day. And we have to go through them all individually and use our best judgement as to who is legit... so sometimes a bad one might slip through. This is the first time, though, that they've actually tried to use the board's private messaging feature to spam folks.

And THANK YOU to the 2 or 3 of you who forwarded the emails to me and brought it to my attention. Together we're going to make these forums a happening place for recovery support and credible info again! 8-)

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

Post subject: Re: SORRY for the SPAM!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:00 am 
Administrator

With so many people trying to register, it's been difficult to determine who is 'real' sometimes and who is not. With the numbers of people we're dealing with, I think unfortunately it's inevitable some will slip through, but we are trying to be as vigilant as possible to stop this happening.

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:12 pm 
Administrator

Yup, you're exactly right... and I'd rather have some spammers accidentally slip through than to not approve someone who is REAL... But just a FYI to everyone to bear with us. :-) We're working on things. And I'm so glad there's been such an uptick in new registrations (from NON-spammers)! I hope all these new registrants will start posting and commenting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:34 am 
Administrator

Well that what I worry about. I don't want to just dump all the new accounts due to the no of spammers, as that's inevitably going to mean that some genuine posters don't get through, and we can't have that!!! We want you all registering and posting!

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:07 am 
Administrator

I can now finally delete Spam myself, so hopefully that will mean that members see a lot less of it! We're trying our very best to stop the spammers getting through, but sometimes it's difficult to tell a 'real' person from a spammer.

For some weird reason, lots of them seem to be coming from Romania at the moment, which I had never thought of as a hot bed of internet crime before!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:46 pm 
Administrator

THANK GOODNESS it looks like we finally figured out how to give you the appropriate credentials! We are SO BLESSED to have you help us with moderating and admin functions, etc., Sapphire! You rock!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:42 am 
Administrator

Aw, thank you Zac! It's a job and a half trying to weed out the 'real' people from the spammers, so I hope we can get the new Captcha set up and running so that it's harder for the spammers to get through in the first place!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:29 pm 
Administrator

OMG and we just got hit HARD... In the Members Lounge (the forum no one can see unless they're a registered member and logged in) there were just like 12 new threads and then lots of posts on existing threads from some spammer in Russian! I just spent almost 45 minutes going through them all. Got the spammer banned too. Crazy. Do people have nothing better to do?! I hope they're getting paid very well... and how silly to spam in Russian on an English board.....