We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: MAT Unjust Dosing Policy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:21 pm 
Administrator

PrezRok wrote:
I was only remarking on the accreditation body in WA...nothing more...;)

peace out

Yeah, so was I. And the accreditation body in WA is just like CARF in that individuals do not survey their own programs. All the accreditation bodies have providers that are surveyors. CSAT actually wanted MORE states to have their own accreditation bodies (ask Joyce all about that), and Washington and Missouri were just the only two that were smart enough to do it.

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:21 am 

How can one oversee themselves is what I want to know??? They,WA,have some of the worst programs,Spokane comes to mind...:)

Peace Out

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 am 

I wish to share this bit of information with anyone reading. Again I was talking to a patient at the Shoreline, WA Therapeutic Health Services Methadone Treatment Clinic(Ben Ross-Director). What I was told by this patient will be their word to me, I have no way to verify truth of this. But this patient is not been known to spread false stories in the 2 years we have known each other.
The patient told me after being called to a meeting, where Ben Ross, the clinic director, and another counselor both attended the meeting. They were told that they could earn some extra money if they would provide names, and information of anyone who is selling, buying or trading there Sunday take-home dose. Also, not only this but names of people who sell, buy or trade benzodiazepine medication on the clinic property or anywhere near the clinic property.
I am in no way implying these kind of illegal activities are ok, in fact I do not endorse diversion of Methadone from its intended use. Neither do I think selling prescription medication especially benzo meds to methadone patients or anyone else should be done unless you are a doctor.
My reason for writing about this meeting between Ben Ross, clinic staff and a patient taking place at the THS Methadone Clinic in Shoreline, WA is to bring to light what I think is clinic policy that is not focused on recovery and treatment of addiction. But activity by this clinic that will put patients at greater risk by asking them to become paid informants. If these kind of meetings are happening at the methadone clinic, please tell me what you think about this?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 am 

This is insanity! A clinic director paying other patients to be an informant!!! I would love to know what part of the clinics policy and procedure manual gives him the right to do this.

And does this *director* consider the possibility of a patient lying just to get paid?!?!
As I was reading the previous post about this director taking away a patients Sunday pickup due to a phone call (anonymous) about the patient giving some of her dose to her 5 yr old child. How can he make a patients 5 year old child take a blood test? If that call had an inkling of truth to it, wouldn't he be liable to report it to the Bureau of child welfare or whatever it is called in WA?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 am 
Administrator

I would have thought that if a clinic director had even an inkling that a parent was giving methadone to a child, they would call Children's Services and the police, not try to blood test the child (which he has no legal right to do anyway).
Plus taking away someone's TH's based on one anonymous phone call from someone who could have a grudge against said patient is just ridiculous. He should have spoken to the patient, explained about the phone call, and if the patient was of previous good standing and he couldn't prove anything, that should be the end of the matter.

As far as him paying patients to inform on other patients, that's a bad idea too. People could make stuff up just to get paid, and innocent people could get into trouble or get kicked off the clinic, when they've done nothing wrong.

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:32 pm 
Administrator

sapphire wrote:
Plus taking away someone's TH's based on one anonymous phone call from someone who could have a grudge against said patient is just ridiculous. He should have spoken to the patient, explained about the phone call, and if the patient was of previous good standing and he couldn't prove anything, that should be the end of the matter.

Exactly sapphire! A phone call does not a TRUE issue of diversion make! I had a patient upset with me once because, in his words, I was "just a puppet for the clinics." He was unhappy because I couldn't magically get him his takehomes back when he failed a diversion bottle recall. So then he called MY clinic and told them I was selling my takehomes.... yeah, seriously. :lol: So my clinic, obviously (and understandably), has to take every call like that seriously... so they called me in for a bottle recall. Once I presented back with all my takehome medication in tact and in the correct bottles, etc. etc. then it was case closed, end of story. A phone call alone is NEVER a good enough reason on its own to revoke someone's takehome medication! :roll:

Chief Operating Officer | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers
Comprehensive Opioid Treatment Programs
Program Director | Counseling Solutions Treatment Centers - Chatsworth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:57 am 

Such wisdom is not found in some of the MAT clinics here wh :cry: ere I must be a patient. Yet we continue the struggle for our rights as patients. I want to Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:33 am 
Administrator

LOL Zac! Not funny for you though! I would seriously hope that clinics do actually look at the patient, if they should receive a call like this. Anyone could ring in and say anything about another patient, just because they have a grudge, and the clinic should know better than to blindly believe it.

Please email me if you have any issues with the board, be that logging in, spammers, or anything else at all!!