We Speak Methadone (and buprenorphine)

A NAMA Recovery Forum for Medication Assisted Treatment patients, family and advocates. (Issues or Questions about registration and/or the forum? Email zac@tnmethadone.org OR sapphirematthews@gmail.com)
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: OTP's and Insurance Claims
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:31 am 

OK, another case where someone is awarded big bucks by a clinics insurance company. Another case of where a person is considered "impaired" because of being on Methadone. If this person was also on Konopin and Trazadone were the providers of "these" medications also sued? If a clinic is held responsible for what their pts do when they leave their facility shouldn't the providers of "these" medications also be sued? Will cases like this lead to persons taking Methadone being banned from driving? Should the clinic be held responsible for "how much" "other" medication a person takes "after" they leave the facility? Granted, there are clinic nurses who always seem to be in a hurry to get people "dosed" and on out. There were other nurses at my clinic though who engaged me in a conversation each and every time I came to the window, I'm sure to assess whether or not I was impaired. Will cases like this lead to a long and drawn out assessment of each and every patient, and documentation of same, before Methadone is administered? Will this lead to clinic patients absorbing the cost of this? I guess we'll see.

Marot

Post subject: Re: OTP's and Insurance Claims
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:49 pm 

Marot wrote:
OK, another case where someone is awarded big bucks by a clinics insurance company. Another case of where a person is considered "impaired" because of being on Methadone. If this person was also on Konopin and Trazadone were the providers of "these" medications also sued? If a clinic is held responsible for what their pts do when they leave their facility shouldn't the providers of "these" medications also be sued? Will cases like this lead to persons taking Methadone being banned from driving? Should the clinic be held responsible for "how much" "other" medication a person takes "after" they leave the facility? Granted, there are clinic nurses who always seem to be in a hurry to get people "dosed" and on out. There were other nurses at my clinic though who engaged me in a conversation each and every time I came to the window, I'm sure to assess whether or not I was impaired. Will cases like this lead to a long and drawn out assessment of each and every patient, and documentation of same, before Methadone is administered? Will this lead to clinic patients absorbing the cost of this? I guess we'll see.

Marot

Those are all really good questions Marot.

KK